Clarendon Building
Detail of the Sheldonian Theatre from David Loggan (1635-1700), Oxonia illustrata (1675).

Welcome

Next event

The Oxford Bibliographical Society was founded in 1922 to encourage bibliographical research. Membership of the Society is available, on application, to all those interested in manuscripts, printed books and the arts and trades connected with them. Members may attend all the meetings, visits as appropriate, and receive the publications for the years of their membership free.

If you are interested in joining the Society, please see the How to Join page.

Registered Charity Number 1162319.

Latest News

Registration as a Charity

The Oxford Bibliographical Society has now been registered as a charity, with the Registered Charity Number 1162319.

AGM VENUE CHANGE AND ACCOUNTS

The Annual General Meeting of 17 June 2015 has been moved (from the McKenna Room at Christ Church) to:

The Sir Charles Frank Lecture Theatre at Lincoln College’s EPA Centre on Museum Road, Oxford.

The annual accounts have now been examined and passed by the Auditor and will be available at the meeting. They are also available here.

Grant award 2015

The first OBS Grant has now been awarded to Katherine A. Krick, PhD candidate in the Department of History at Durham University, to fund her research trip to Oxford. Ms Krick is working on the content, visual arrangement, typography and production of the service-books of the medieval church in England and their relationships to the 1549 Book of Common Prayer. In Oxford Ms Crick will examine primary sources at the Bodleian Library and Brasenose College.